- Satay (char-grilled meat skewer) is one of the most popular street food in south east Asia.
- Originate from the island of Java, Indonesia.
- Ah Chan’s Kitchen would like to introduce you the Malaysian satay which distinctively different from other countries !
- 700g chicken thigh (cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds (biji ketumbar)
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds (biji jintan manis)
- 2 tbsp lemongrass
- 2 tbsp galangal
- 2 turmeric
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp shallots
- 1/2 ginger
- 1/2 salt
- 2 tbsp oil (blend with the herbs)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (for grilling)
- 20-25 bamboo skewer
- *This portion can make about 20-25 sticks of satay.
How to make satay sauce: https://youtu.be/fQw5g4MVTHw
How to make nasi impit: https://youtu.be/Aw66Vr_r7a4